Maintaining your hearing aids through daily cleaning and regular service is important for a number of reasons. Proper care ensures top performance, ensures a long service life, and guarantees proper hygiene.
How Often to Clean Your Hearing Aids
Daily Hearing Aid Cleaning
We recommend evening hearing aid cleaning, there may be a build up of wax and moisture in your hearing aid after a day of wear. Removing the wax before if has a chance to get into the hearing aid is best practice.
- To clean the microphone cover use a soft brush to gently remove wax or debris.
- Wipe the entire hearing aid with a soft cloth.
- Opening the battery compartment at night will extend the life of the battery and allow the compartment dry from any moisture accumulate during the day.
Weekly Hearing Aid Cleaning
We recommend that once a week you perform a more through cleaning of your hearing aid.
- Use a wax pick to gently remove stubborn wax or debris deposits while being mindful not to push into the mic or receiver ports.
- If you hearing aid has a wax guard check it and replace as necessary.
- To remove stubborn wax build up in the hearing aid tip, you can gently massage the end between your thumb and finger and wipe away any debris. These tips will need to be changed periodically and your hearing aid professional will be happy to assist with that.
- Changing the battery is a great time to brush the battery compartment clean.